RESIDENCE AND WORK PERMITS FOR LITHUANIA AND THE EU, SECONDMENT
ECOVIS ProventusLaw assists business people seeking to obtain permits for residence in Lithuania and the EU. We provide comprehensive services from incorporation/acquisition of businesses in Lithuania to obtaining residence permits for family members. We also represent skilled professionals in obtaining the EU Blue Card providing a path towards a free residence and work throughout the EU. We assist employers wishing to employ large groups of skilled foreign employees.
ECOVIS ProventusLaw assists business people and employees in acquiring European Schengen visas, employment permits, residence permits based on the EU Blue Card as well as the European residence permits based on the grounds for family members, employees, management, and investments. Unique immigration Start-up Visa program for individuals planning to run innovative business in Lithuania and the European Union.
ECOVIS ProventusLaw provides the following services:
- assists and provides legal assistance to business people seeking to obtain permits for residence in Lithuania and the EU,
- provides comprehensive services from incorporation/acquisition of businesses in Lithuania to obtaining residence permits for family members,
- represents skilled professionals in obtaining the EU Blue Card providing a path towards a free residence and work throughout the EU,
- provides legal assistance to employers and represents them in the Migration Department regarding intra-corporate transfer of employees (Directive 2014/66 / EU),
- provides legal assistance to employers seeking to recruit large groups of skilled foreign employees,
- prepares documents required by the Migration Department and represents the client,
- represents business people in the Startup visa Lithuania program.
Blue Card Lithuania
The Blue Card is a permit to legally reside and work in Lithuania and move to another EU Member State to work in a highly skilled position. In Lithuania, the Blue Card is a temporary residence permit.
Blue Card will allow you to live in Lithuania for 3 years with a possibility of extension for an additional 3 years. You will be allowed to bring your family with you and this will enable you to apply for permanent residence after 5 years:
Who is eligible?
- The Blue card may be issued to highly qualified specialists only. So, you should have evidence of your high qualification. Such evidence issued in a foreign state shall be recognized in Lithuania.
- If you apply for the Blue card, the agreed salary to be paid to you by the Lithuanian enterprise should be no less than 1,5 or 3 average gross monthly salaries of employees of the sector of the national economy according to the recent data published by the Lithuanian Department of Statistics.
Startup Visa Lithuania
The Startup Visa Lithuania is a new talent attraction scheme that provides innovative non-EU entrepreneurs with a streamlined entry process to the Lithuanian startup ecosystem where they can build, grow, and compete in our booming international community.
Your Startup Visa will allow you to live in Lithuania for one year, with the possibility to be extended for 1 year twice more. If your temporary residence permit has been extended twice it may be replaced by a temporary residence permit for a further 2 years, if you submit a document confirming that the enterprise set up by you and of which you are a participant has attracted an investment of at least EUR 30 000 from the date of establishment of the enterprise. After this period, you will have to meet general immigration requirements.
Who is eligible?
– Your startup has to operate in one of the following fields:
- Information Technologies
- Laser Technologies
An electronic resident
The status of an electronic resident status allows a foreigner to use the administrative, public, or commercial services provided electronically (remotely) in the Republic of Lithuania.
Who is eligible?
All foreigners can acquire the status of electronic resident, except in cases when:
- another Schengen state has entered an alert in the central second-generation Schengen Information System for refusal of entry with respect to a foreigner;
- a foreigner is included in the national list of foreigners prohibited from entering the Republic of Lithuania.
A foreigner is granted the status of an e-resident for 3 years.
A foreigner who has been granted the status of an e-resident will be issued an electronic identification and electronic signature means with a certificate of identification of an e-resident in the electronic space and a qualified electronic signature certificate of an e-resident entered therein, which are valid for a period no longer than the validity of the status of an e-resident of a foreigner. This electronic identification and electronic signature means issued to the foreigner gives him/her the opportunity to use the administrative, public, or commercial services provided electronically (remotely) in the Republic of Lithuania.
Attorney at law, Partner of the Law Firm, Certified Data Protection Expert, Lawyer
Knowledge without experience is of little use. Therefore we are proud of having our own valuable experience to share with you.