Gambling and online gambling
The sector of gambling and online gaming is growing in the context of constant changes in regulation. As the regulation of gambling becomes stricter, the regulation of online gaming is considerably changing and opens up the horizons for the development of this industry.
Our client base includes both start-ups developing innovative online gaming for the global market and global gambling operators.
Our expertise includes the incorporation of companies to operate in this sector and licensing of their activities, advice on other regulatory issues of the sector, as well as advice on intellectual property, copyright, data processing and other issues. We also have experience in other fields closely related to the industry of gambling and online gaming – it includes legal issues of technologies, social media, e-commerce, advertising, sponsorship projects, data protection issues and provides added value to the clients of ECOVIS ProventusLaw.
THE RANGE OF SERVICES PROVIDED BY US IN THIS SECTOR INCLUDES:
– advice on consumer-developed content;
– advice on national and EU regulation of gambling and online gaming industry;
– advice on data protection issues;
– assistance in obtaining licences required for operating gambling and online gaming;
– advice on issues of intellectual property rights in developed products as well as provision and implementation of comprehensive protection solutions;
– advice on intellectual property issues;
– assessment of compliance of contents of communication and advertising campaigns with legal requirements;
– advice on issues of misleading and unauthorized advertising;
– assistance in the issues of national and EU competition law including unfair competition;
– defence of reputation in the public and in courts;
– representation in disputes;
– incorporation of companies;
– advice on labour law issues;
– advice on tax issues.
Legal issues arising in the sector of gambling and online gaming are addressed by our lawyers working in the fields of Regulatory Affairs and Government Relations, Telecommunications, IT and Data Protection, Media and Advertising, Competition Law, Tax, Dispute Resolution, Company Law and Labour Law.
Our clients also entrust the team of ECOVIS ProventusLaw with complex legal issues covering several jurisdictions and when addressing such issues we rely, if required, on the expertise of the team of ECOVIS experts working in over 60 countries worldwide.
The experience and expertise of ECOVIS ProventusLaw in the sector of gambling and online gaming enable us to advise clients on how to identify, protect or optimise the potential occurring in the changing legal environment.
Knowledge without experience is of little use. Therefore we are proud of having our own valuable experience to share with you.