Peer-to-Peer (P2P) platform helps lenders to find consumers who need financing. Equity capital – EUR 40 000. Permit issue (licensing) time – 1 month.
P2P lending platforms allow lenders to find consumers, avoiding traditional banking institutions. Consumers around Europe consider P2P lending as an alternative to the bank lending, especially in the field of smaller consumer credit.
Lenders in P2P platforms may expect higher interest compared to bank deposits and other traditional financial instruments. Latest amendments to the Lithuanian Consumer Credit regulation allows fast and easy licensing of P2P lending platforms ready to provide services for the lenders looking for investments and retail clients looking for financing.
The P2P lending activity is described in the law when through the lending platform natural persons provide or promise to grant consumer credit to consumer credit recipients.
List of the documentation submitted to the Bank of Lithuania (regulator) for licensing of P2P platform:
1. A written request.
2. Information from the public register on the applicants company data. The Bank of Lithuania may ask for the additional information.
3. Information managers and shareholders.
4. Information on compliance to the authorized capital.
5. Business continuity plan (Business plan).
6. Consumer credit recipient’s creditworthiness assessment rules.
7. Information regarding the records and information systems used to determine the credit recipients’ creditworthiness.
8. The list of intermediaries who act on behalf of the company, if the company plans to use the services of consumer credit intermediaries.
Business continuity plan (Business plan) is the most complex part of documentation to be prepared. Business continuity plan should provide measures and procedures ensuring that the P2P lending platform operator’s activities carried out continuously, without interruption, ensuring a smooth administration of the consumer credit contracts and continuing contractual obligations fulfillment in cases of unforeseen circumstances. ECOVIS ProventusLaw can assist in preparation of business plan and setting up P2P business.